Tuesday, April 27, 2010 | By: Huda Engku

There Goes My Bookshelf~

Last Sunday I was at KLCC with Baca@LRT friends for Baca@LRT: Beri. I got eight new reading materials from friends. Thanks to Lyn, Noyu, Attokz, Tuan Haeqal, Fadz, Kak Ton, Tuan Zaidi and Tuan Irwan for books and magazines. I forgot who got the first, second and third volume of Khalifah Series. Maybe Fadz got the first one.

Well, there was something funny I want to share with all. I got so many books on my shelf, the one which was stuck on my wall. It was full with books. After Baca@LRT last Sunday, I went to my mom's office to help with the book editing. Then, we went home at around 11:30pm or so. I was so tired but I only managed to sleep at around 3:00am. I went upstairs, put books that I got from my Baca@LRT friends on my favourite shelf (which was the home of my favourite books). Then I went to sleep. An hour later, I woke up at the sound of my sister Faqehah crying. I was a bit panicked looking at her suddenly crying - who knows maybe she got tummy ache or anything. Then I turned around, suddenly I saw... whoa!! My books were scattered on the floor and the shelf was already on the floor. My tall wall mirror was also on the floor - broken to pieces! Now I understand. The shelf could not support anymore of my books. If it's a living thing, it might be screaming, "HEY, I CAN'T STAND THIS! GET THAT THING OFF ME!!!" And so I got out of bed, stack the books into tall towers and cleaned the mess. I poked my sister, and she smiled. I was so thankful nothing hurt her.

Every time I think about my sister's face that night, I am always reminded of the children who have had experienced earthquake. It could be scarier and traumatic. We should all be thankful and grateful for living in Malaysia. When you think your life is nothing more than a series of bad luck, think again. Other people go through tougher life so why whine? A reminder for myself too.

No comments:

Ini mungkin menarik: