Sunday, January 3, 2010 | By: Huda Engku

Old book + New book = I LIKE!!!

Gosh! Tomorrow’s Monday which means back to work. Been off from work for five days now, so I hope I’ll be fresh to kick it tomorrow and won’t have Monday Blues.
And guess what? Finally, Alhamdulillah, I managed to finish off the novel I bought ages ago “Ten Things I Hate about Me” and I think this one is better compared to Randa’s other novel “Does My Head Look Big In This?” It touches more on family issues and I can relate to the story more. And, even though the setting is Sydney, it reminds me a lot to our neighbourhood back in Beeston, Leeds though I was not a permanent resident there. There were not many Malaysians in the neighbourhood but we were close to each other, just like the Lebanese (in the novel). And I understand the feeling when in the novel Jamie’s dad was so strict about everything (her dad even put on the fridge door the rules for Jamie) but I also understand her dad’s concern. Out of five stars, I would give the novel four stars.

I’ve bought another book last Thursday – went to Kinokuniya KLCC and I bought my sisters books and a novel to myself “P.S. I Love You” by Cecelia Ahern. I was going to buy one of the Shopaholic series but opted for “P.S. I Love You”. Hope to find suitable time to get my head bury in the new novel.


No comments:

Ini mungkin menarik: