Thursday, August 6, 2009 | By: Huda Engku

Latest News! I Bought A New Book Today

Yep. I bought a new book today. After dad said he's going to give me money for the book, I hopped happily (literally) to Kinokuniya KLCC. The title is 'Does My Head Look Big In This' by Randa Abdel-Fattah. I was going to buy two of her books (the other one is called 'Ten Things I Hate About Me') but since both cost RM42.90, and I couldn't afford them both at the same time yet and I asked dad for only one book so have to stick to the budget.

Anyway, the novel is about a girl named Amal who is seventeen years old and is an Australian-Muslim-Palestinian. She was not a 'full-timer' (as she and her friends called it) in wearing the hijab but at the end of her holiday, she was inspired by Rachel in Friends to wear it full time. The thing was, she got scared of the stares and talks about her wearing hijab but... she she still wore a veil on her first day of new term.

Okie dokie... I wanna go continue reading my new book ;-)

No comments:

Ini mungkin menarik: